Sandy Daza’s Chopsuey with Oyster Sauce
CELEBRITIPS / Sep 21, 2015
DON’T LET IT BROWN
Saute the onion and garlic and don’t let it brown. Just allow them to turn translucent so it won’t be bitter in taste.
ADD OYSTER SAUCE
To make your chopsuey more flavorful, add MAGGI® Oyster Sauce and allow the veggies to absorb the savory flavors.
KNOW YOUR VEGGIES
Know which veggies take longer time to cook, if the veggie takes longer time to cook, put it in the pan first. Veggies such as cabbage cook easily so it’s good that you only put them once the other veggies are already cooked.
MIX THEM WELL
Make sure you mix your veggies well and toss them so everything gets coated with the sauce.
Sandy Daza's MAGIC Chopsuey
3 tbsp cooking oil
3 tbsp garlic , chopped
1 cup sliced onions
2 cups small shrimp, peeled
1 cup chicken broth/water
¼ cup MAGGI® Oyster Sauce
1 sachet 8g MAGGI Magic Sarap®
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup carrots, cut into julienne strips
1 cup sliced string beans
1 cup chicharo, cleaned
2 cups cauliflower, just the flowerettes
4 cups cabbage, cut into strips
2 cups broccoli, just the heads
1. Sauté onion and garlic in oil. Don’t wait for the onion and garlic to brown, just allow them to turn translucent.
2. Add the water/chicken broth, 8g MAGGI Magic Sarap® , and MAGGI® Oyster Sauce. Mix well.
3. Put the cauliflower, string beans, carrots, broccoli, and chicharo.
4. Add in the shrimps. Cover it with the lid and let it cook for 7-10 minutes.
5. Add the cooked button mushrooms and the cabbage. Cover it with the lid again and let it cook for another 2 minutes.
6. Toss the ingredients together and mix well.