Enter the email you used to register to our website. You will recieve an email with a link to reset your password.
Kansi is Iloilo’s version of bulalo but with a delightful hint of sourness that’s great during rainy days. This hearty soup is a must try.
1 Combine oil and annatto seeds and heat for 2 minutes over low heat. Strain and discard seeds.
2. Season beef with MAGGI MAGIC SARAP®. In a heavy bottom pan, add annatto oil and sear both sides until golden brown. Remove seared beef and set aside.
3. Sauté the garlic, onion, tomato and lemongrass in the same pot.
4. Put the beef back and pour the 4 cups of water and simmer while covered until beef is tender (approximately 2 hours). Add more water as needed.
5. When beef is almost tender add the unripe langka. Simmer until langka is tender, about 20 minutes.
6. Add MAGGI® MAGIC SINIGANG Original. Simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Check seasoning and serve hot.
Beef shanks are good source of zinc, vitamin B12 and niacin. Zinc is needed for growth, b12 for blood formation and niacin for energy metabolism.
Kutsilyo Care Tips
How to Cut Onions and Garlic
How to Simmer
You may edit your current list or create a new one. Save and print it for easy reference!
Love this recipe? Create an account or log-in to save this to your Favorite Recipes, and easily find it next time you cook!
You've just saved this recipe to your Favorite Recipes. Next time you need a quick go-to recipe, head to Favorite Recipes and you'll find this!
Please Create an account or log-in so you can add this recipe to your Grocery List!