Enter the email you used to register to our website. You will recieve an email with a link to reset your password.
Experience the different flavors of Asia with this Vietnamese recipe!
1. Heat oil in a pot and sauté prawn shells. Crush heads to extract more of its flavor. Pour water, bring to a boil, skim the scum and simmer for 30 minutes. Strain into another pot.
2. Add onion and tomato and simmer while covered for 10 minutes.
3. Add okra and simmer for 2 minutes.
4. Pour MAGGI Sinigang Mix and season with fish sauce and sugar.
5. Add prawns and simmer for 1 minute. Stir in bean sprouts and transfer into a serving bowl. Garnish with scallions, cilantro, Thai basil and toasted garlic. Serve immediately.
You may replace Thai basil with regular basil.
How to Cut Vegetables
Kutsilyo Care Tips
How to Simmer
Vietnamese Sour Prawn Soup
You may edit your current list or create a new one. Save and print it for easy reference!
Love this recipe? Create an account or log-in to save this to your Favorite Recipes, and easily find it next time you cook!
You've just saved this recipe to your Favorite Recipes. Next time you need a quick go-to recipe, head to Favorite Recipes and you'll find this!
Please Create an account or log-in so you can add this recipe to your Grocery List!
1 kg medium prawns, peeled and deveined
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 5/24 liter water
1 pc onion, quartered
2 pcs tomato, quartered
1 cup 100 g biased okra
1 pack 22g MAGGI® MAGIC Sinigang Original
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 cup long bean sprouts
1/4 cup sliced scallions
8 sprigs cilantro, picked
4 sprigs Thai basil, picked
2 tbsp toasted garlic